Friday, July 08, 2005

catch up

So I've been in a bit of a funk lately, lacking motivation to do things until they are unavoidable. Thus nothing has gotten accomplished besides video games, and a little work, with the occasional chore like some dishes or laundry. I don't understand what triggers this, or even how to stop it. Apparently my will slowly gains power until I dig myself out. In any case, that's why I haven't posted in a while. Time to catch up.

Most exciting thing to happen: RAIN!!!!!!! It finally rained last night, first time in 34 days or so. And boy did it rain! I got off the bus, and was instantly drenched. It was raining so hard I couldn't blink fast enough to see, my eyeballs were still getting pelted. It was insane! I just walked through the door and stripped. But it was exhilerating and so much fun! And, we have a running stream, with water that didn't come out of the sprinklers. hehehe It's awesome. I just hope we don't have to go another month before more rain. However, I noticed our pool is a few inches deeper than it was before, so that's also amusing...lots of rain!

Fun Basketball things: We went to the San Antonio Silver Stars vs Pheonix Mercury game on tuesday. We had fun. The game was slow at times, especially in the first half. D got screwed by three bad calls in a row and had to sit for around 8 minutes, which sucked. We saw Ivanyi hit a brick wall in Vodichkova! It was the funniest thing I'd seen in a while...though I bet it hurt. But I've never seen someone run into someone, and be stopped dead, plus lifted off their feet, and the other person not even flinch! No foul either, which was the appropriate call. We laughed for minutes. Don't get me wrong though, I haven't been so impressed with a guard I wasn't familiar with in a while...Ivanyi is fast as hell, and damn fun to watch! She's great. I'm going to buy tickets for the next home game, which is also against Pheonix. The plan is to bring my UCONN championship ball and have D sign it after the game. We'll also bring one of the good pictures we have from 3 years ago at the sweet 16/elite 8 in Milwaukee. Apparently they'll sign out at the busses after the game, according to staff at the arena. Yay!

Unknown things: Wierd things are happening around the house with carrie. Not going to say any more since it's long, complicated, and her private matter. I just wanted a record of this and hopefully I'll remember what I mean. Haha

Busy weekend: Tonight is going to be the first band practice ever for the newly forming riot grrl band. Last week Jinx had to run to San Antonio to pick up her kids from her ex even though she doesn't normally pick them up till saturday. So tonight is the first time meeting this guitarist, and actually playing. Here's to not sucking too bad!
Then saturday we're smoking 4 pork shoulders, two for us and two for friends. It won't be that much work until it's time to pull the fat off...I might actually have to help this time. Sunday, crap, if I call them and ask at least, Ian and Tir are coming over. Tir ships out to Iraq in about 2 weeks, and it would suck to not see her before then. And then sunday night we will probably go see a movie. Mr. and Mrs. Smith perhaps? It's always nice to get an angelina jolie fix. And it looks awesome.

I think that's it for now. I'll try to update more. But the fire alarm is going off, so I should leave. hahaha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|