Saturday, June 04, 2005

promotion

I've been thinking a lot lately if I were ready for the title of knight, based on the standards JRA has set, and my own. Granted, my standards are pretty high, and I still don't meet all of them. But, I decided to email brandon, my mentor, and see what he thought. I know he promoted his brother recently, so I was curious how he decided when to promote a student.

Today Brandon was able to get to a computer and we talked about it. I sent him conversations I've had with my student recently, and he asked if I thought I was ready. I mentioned that I don't have a steady enough meditation or energy work routine, but he doesn't feel that's a requirement. Long story short, actually, short story short, I've been promoted. I'm now a Knight of the Forms of Life, which I need to ask if that's what he calls everyone, or if it's specific to how I've trained. In any case, promoted in his eyes. He's writing a letter to Luna, and we'll see how JRA takes this. I figure I'll have to do some sort of essay or written thing, but hopefully not the whole accreditation exam. I went this route because I think most of those issues are irrelevant to life and to being a jedi realist. Besides, only Brandon has seen my growth and progression through the past 3 years. Well, besides me that is. And carrie...lol

So yeah...not much is changing because of this, yet, but it's suprising that it's only been 3 years, since summer of 02. It's felt like forever...a good forever though. Amazing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|