Monday, May 30, 2005

Awareness Hands

Last night I did this exercise before bed:
Awareness Hands Exercise:
The following exercise demonstrates how energy is raised with awareness hands: Close your eyes and relax, while sitting or lying comfortably. Take both your awareness hands down to your left foot, as if you were grabbing hold of it. Scratch or rub the top of your left foot and wiggle it a bit to highlight it first, to make this exercise easier. Draw your awareness hands through your left foot, to your ankle, and then slowly take them on up through your leg. Feel your whole leg, inside and out, as you move your awareness hands upwards through it. Draw your awareness hands all the way up your shin, through your knee, up through your thigh and on up to your hip. When you get to your hip, flick your awareness hands instantly back to your toes again and repeat the upwards stroking, energy raising action. Do NOT stroke your awareness back down your leg. Repeat this action over and over, taking several seconds per stroke, feeling the whole of your leg each time. This action forces energy to flow into your foot and up through your leg. You may feel some peculiar sensations as you do this, like tingling, buzzing, warmth, cold, pressure, heaviness, or even a bonedeep tickling. These sensations can be unbelievably strong in some people.
Repeat the above exercise with your right leg.



With my awareness hands I visualized a massaging of sorts, circling my foot or leg, working my way up to my hips. It worked pretty well. I could easily keep track of where I had gone with the energy, though I ran into a problem on my left leg (the first one i tried). Just above my knee I lost my focus a bit and the energy started slipping. and it kept slipping, the more I tried to get below it and push it back up lol, it was actually kind of funny. Like people tracking to grab a greased pig. So instead of trying to get below it I stayed just above and pulled the energy up until it caught up with me. Sort of...lol, hard to describe. I did finally make it to my hip, and then tried to do it a little faster which worked. Then I switched to my right leg. It went smoothly, which was good. But it was funny because my upper thigh started to tickle sort of...i know the sensation, but can't describe it well. So that was kind of annoying, but i know it's good. I just had to shake off the feeling a bit so I could sleep. Also, in light of yesterdays energy blockages, I focused a little extra on getting energy to those areas. I need to read more from the website though, because there is specific information on removing blockages somewhere.

In any case, this was a fun little experience that I haven't done in a while. Visualizing hands definately made things a bit easier. It's rather useful.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|