Sunday, June 19, 2005

tivo

A few weeks ago I got pissed off at my phone bill and decided to switch to cable phone, voice over ip. Well, apparently Tivo is unable to use that because it uses a higher speed than voip can handle. Yesterday I was informed that we only have 3 days of programming left before Tivo is useless because it wouldn't know anything. I spent the day going back and forth to Best Buy, then CompUSA (twice) to get the things I needed for a network, and cheap. I've since learned there is no such thing as cheap! I spent $30 on just the USB to Ethernet converter for the Tivo (why didn't they just put a network card in...) then another $30 on the Router. I didn't buy the longer ethernet cables I need because they are also $30 for 14 feet, which is just slightly insane. So at this point I have my computer on the floor as far away as possible from the monitor. The router is leaning against the wall in the hallway. I have chords going everywhere, and a mishmosh of rugs to cover them. Our house looks like a mess. In july I'll buy the appropriate length of cable and be done with it. All this for Tivo...it's silly. Technology does not make things easier. But, now we can easily transfer recordings to the computer and burn them so we can keep them. And we can look at our pictures on our tv, which is neat. Just not something I wanted to do yesterday.

Now I need to shower and start dishes and cook some food. Today I absolutely must get things cleaned so the house is condusive to healing. :-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Jaxson said...

lol, unfortunately my stomach couldn't handle that yet. I'm still on mostly meals of toast and bananas! But it's all good. I just got Guns and Roses Use Your Illusions 1 and 2 from my neighbor so I'll just put that on. Definately fun for me :-)

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|