Friday, June 10, 2005

meditation

Tonight I said, I have to meditate! It's been too long since I did a formal sit down, and even my bus meditation is less consistent due to time constraints and space. So I did it, finally.

I decided to do sitting position, with a pillow under my butt to get in a good position. I started with approximately 15 minutes of the meditation I learned from the Chan Buddhism class. This involves counting breaths. I found I count in a cadence that matches my pulse. This is a little fast than I believe the master recommended, but it feels natural, so I'm going with it. Eventually I tapered off, so the counting was quieter in my head, until I was just breathing. Then I tried this meditation, which was recommended by my friend Spenser, another Jedi realist. He said he had good luck getting energy moving, and I definately need that. I didn't feel it as powerful as it sounds like other people sense, but I could feel it. When the energy was moving on the outside of my body it actually felt cold and hot at the same time...you know that feeling where you're not sure if it's one or the other? It was interesting. I definately felt something though, and that's always nice. So after 20 minutes I decided to come out, and try to build an energy ball. That didn't go so well. I just wasn't gathering energy like I wanted to. So I had a very small ball lol. It'll get there. I'm sure if I started up with my qigong it would work better. But all in good time.

What was funny is my cat decided to come lay down right in front of my legs half way through. It distracted me a bit, but not for very long. After I gave him a good pet, he seemed very calm and loving. Perhaps the meditation gave him some peace too? Who knows.

In any case, a very positive meditation experience. I barely lost circulation in my legs and feet either, which is awesome! I definately need to keep doing this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|