Friday, September 02, 2005

New Orleans Mayor

I'm sure many people have already posted this or heard it, but I want to post it also in case someone surfs here and hasn't heard it. The Mayor of New Orleans called into a radio show and vented about the lack of support he's getting from the national government and what really needs to be done about the current situation. He also complained about how this could have been avoided had his concerns about the levees and other security measures been addressed before. This is something I also vented about the other day because I'm sick of it. I watch the National Geographic channel where they show us how other countries solved their problems with tsunamis and floods at great expense, but so they actually work! They actually care about saving lives and commerce. Clearly we don't, because we continue to half ass everything, even dealing with the situation once it's occured. This is bullshit, and I'm sick of it. Can we do something right, for once?! Maybe now, when people's lives are on the line? Oh yeah, here are the links.

Mayor of New Orleans

Also, a post by someone who went to try to help the refugees, you really start to understand how little anyone knows. Where is the leadership?!
Volunteering at the Houston Astrodome

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just posted this very same thing - and then read your post.

I wish I could help more.

1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|