Sunday, August 14, 2005

Saturday Basketball

Yesterday we went to the Silver Stars/ Shock game. We had a blast. First off...we learned from last game, when construction was so bad on I-35 we were late for the game. I decided to take smaller highways, and hit I-10 instead. Well, that should have been easy, since I-10 runs east/west and I was driving south. We stopped in Nixon, Texas for gas. Took a look at the map, and carrie realizes we missed 10. How the hell do you miss an interstate! It's not physically possible. I'm honestly still confused about this. So we take 87 over and then hit 410 up. The problem is, we were starving because in the middle of nowhere Texas the only places to eat are Dairy Queens or scary random places...and not even many of those. We were soooo happy to get into San Antonio! We hit McDonalds, which was actually good, and still made it to the game with a half hour to spare.

Our seats were amazing! Section 2, row 4. To give you a visual...We were 10 feet from the court, to the left of the basket. The Stars bench was not more than 20 feet away from us. Holy crap are those women tall!!!! Hahaha It was intense. It was like I could feel what they felt, and I saw the intensity in their eyes. Man was that amazing. Now I understand why people get seats like that!

Before the game started they handed Shannon "Pee-wee" Johnson her olympic ring. Then, unfortunately I left to get soda, but I'll pass along what my wife witnessed. Pee-wee walks over to a pretty woman directly across from the bench, front row. She hands her the ring, the grabs her chin and kisses her. No one seemed to react, which is good. And no, there is no way it was a relative.

This makes me wonder, how many players are sorta out, where the local fans know, but not others. I found a website where people just gossip and post theories or questions...there are only maybe 10 confirmed lesbians in the league. Yet, there are apparently fewer straight women than there are lesbians or bisexuals in the league. Quite a disparity. And it's sad really. These women are professionals and still having to hide because of stupid homophobia. Little girls are not going to be gay because their favorite player is. That doesn't even make sense! It's sad, and crazy, and stupid. Someday this will change.

Anyway, that was our fun yesterday. I'm seriously thinking about getting tickets for the last game now...but only if I get my loan consolidation check first.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|