Saturday, July 23, 2005

DIRELAND: IRAN EXECUTES 2 GAY TEENAGERS (updated)

DIRELAND: IRAN EXECUTES 2 GAY TEENAGERS (updated)

This stuff deeply saddens me, and angers me. That this happens, and then the countries lie about it trying to add charges to defend their actions...clearly they know they were in the wrong as far as international law is concerned. In any case, I'm feeling better now, because I wrote to our Secretary of State. Here's what I wrote to her. It really helped me through this.

Honored Secretary of State Rice,

I just read the articles regarding Iran's execution of two homosexual youths. These children did not konw what they did was wrong. They were executed anyway, against international law. While the US does not have a good track record with homosexual rights, at the very least people are not executed by the government for following their hearts. We can't allow gross injustice to persist in the world, especially in those countries trying to be a greater presence in the world. Freedom should belong to every human being, not just those that agree with the group that has power within a country. Please do what you are able with this situation. Whether you agree or disagree with homosexuality does not change the injustice of these boys' sentence. Of this I'm sure you're aware. I'm sending strength to you, that you will be able to handle this situation in a way that is appropriate for international politics without missing the point.

The best of luck in all of your endeavors,
Jackie L Meyer
Austin, Texas

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|