Sunday, January 02, 2005

Amtrak

I'm taking Amtrak for the first time on Wednesday. It was only $200 to go home to Wisconsin (round trip) and gets me within an hour and a half of my parents. It takes almost 30 hours total, but I'm excited. I've never been on a train before, but I read a few books about train trips. For instance, Paul Thereoux writes great books about his trips on trains. I've been curious ever since. Besides, trains take as long as cars but are far more comfortable since I can walk around and stretch, and not have to focus on driving. It's also cheap, and trains can't fall out of the sky. I know trains crash, but there's a better chance of surviving in a train than a plane. Now the only real question is whether I'll get motion sick and whether I'll be able to sleep at all. I already have my main activites planned: final fantasy tactics or advance wars 2 on my game boy advance, and transcribing drum parts for the zeppelin songs I need to learn and a few others just for fun. I'll also bring a book or two and my journal once I find it! How could I lose that? Once I find it, that should be plenty for me to do. I also bought a gi gong book today that I can do when I get stiff or bored on the train.

I can't wait to update after the trip!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|