Friday, December 31, 2004

Only in Texas

Why am I wearing shorts on December 31st?! Because Texas doesn't even know how to stay cool in Winter! I don't honestly know how I'm going to survive here for 5 years. I'm a true northerner. I love winter, even though it gets way too cold sometimes, but it's invigorating. I love to see snow, and there's nothing more beautiful than going for a drive after a big snow storm and seeing the sun reflect off the snow. I miss Wisconsin...If only Rochester had a program that I really wanted to go into, but their plasma physics program was mostly laser based, which isn't what I wanted. Oh well.

There are advantages to Texas winters, like the fact that my wife's knee doesn't bother her as much, but it's hard on me psychologically. Now I know I have to go home every winter for a little while in order to keep me happy. Once Carrie gets a job we can start saving and hopefully make early summer trips to Yellowstone which still has snow in June, or to Alaska or some other place suitably north. I'd go back to Antarctica if I wasn't in school, but that requires a few months comittment which I cannot do. Eventually though, because Antarctica is just beautiful.

Enough wishing I was somewhere colder. It doesn't do any good to wish for something that can't happen right now anyway. I'll just embrace the weather as it comes and try to enjoy it all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|