Tuesday, December 28, 2004

The war

SSG Lazzari

This is a website by someone in my cousin's unit. I like it because there are pictures of everyone, including my cousin. It's always a conflict for me when I look at pictures of the war. If things had gone differently, I should have been involved in this war. My original discharge date was supposed to be 8 June 2002. They would have kept me in, and it's quite possible I would have gone. Instead I was discharged for homosexuality and they can't take me back without rewriting laws. My life is definately better for the route it's taken, but it can be hard to think about what I'm missing because of it. Do I want to go to war? No, I really don't want to have to kill people and have them try to kill me. But it's an experience...an experience part of me always wanted. So I follow the war and look at every picture I can, experiencing through those pictures. It's amazing how few of them there are...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|