Sunday, December 26, 2004

SS102: Dialogue: Archetypes

SS102: Dialogue: Archetypes

Since I recently had an acupuncturist do my elements, I'm going to add them here. I don't have references for many of the others, though I plan to buy a book to do my natal chart when I get my student loan money and will add that to my blog later.

My scores were:
Wood 2
Fire 3
Earth 5
Metal 5
Water 10

And the description of water:
As a water type, you embody the archetype of the Hermit. The Hermit wanders with his lantern, looking through the darkness for the light of truth. Water types are spiritual seekers, but they are private about their quest. You tend to have a few close friends, and enjoy solitude. You avoid situations with stimulus and crowds, seeing beauty in simple things. When out of balance, your need for solitude turns into suspicion and avoidance behavior. If your fear seems like just a little fear, try to stretch your tolerance sometimes, and be open to the new.

Although water types can be lazy, if involved in meaningful work, you are capable of laboring long hours, and have high levels of endurance. You also know when you have reached your limit. Water represents the storage of resources. In the same way a tiny seed contains the blueprint for the entire species, so water contains the energy of all your ancestors. To picture it more clearly, you could think of it as your DNA, although the Chinese referred to it is essence. You intuitively know that this energy is not something that can be replenished. It must be conserved like a precious treasure.

If you are feeling cold and insular, try to let yourself bask in some sunshine or by a fire. Although you are naturally reluctant to be in social situations, sometimes it can be fun, so don’t prejudge too quickly.

Liam Neeson and Uma Thurman seem like water types. Kevin Spacey in the movie “Shipping News” was an example of an unbalanced water type that grew into more harmonious expression.


So how accurate is this? Dead on. Especially the part of me being spiritual but private about it. I've always been a quiet spiritual person. I'm in a Conversations with God study group, and I find myself very uncomfortable meeting in public and discussing my beliefs, even though the other people (not in the group) are strangers. In any case, I'm pleased with this archetype description of myself. However, to be more in balance I'm supposed to add more fire to me. Here is the description of fire:
As a fire type, you embody the archetype of the lover. You are joyful, entertaining, and passionate. You may have a way with words. You are responsive and sensitive to others, but your attention and moods fluctuate like the flickering of a flame. Although you enjoy people you need some time to rejuvenate your energies too. However, you are always willing to connect and extend understanding. You are energetic but like to be playful and relax too. A balanced fire type can concentrate well, and achieve great understanding.

If you let your boundaries lapse though, you will feel scattered and overwhelmed. In an extreme case, you may even feel mentally unstable. Be sure to make time for the artistic pursuits that feed your soulful nature. Be aware of a tendency to have brilliant ideas, but not follow through on the manifestation. This will lead to depression. Also check your thoughts before you open your mouth

When you feel flushed and sweaty, your body is signaling you that it is time to by lower your activity level.


I know my wife will agree with the idea of increasing my passion and sexuality, and that does tend to balance me out more. Looks like this person knows their stuff. I'm definately going to contact her about acupuncture when I have the money.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|