Sunday, December 26, 2004

clutter

I hate clutter, but can't seem to get it under control. I thought I had it when I bought hanging file folders from Sam's the other day, but then I realized the bottom drawer in my file cabinet doesn't have the rails to hang them. So close! I just want to get everything into folders...then I should have my random stuff down to one box. It would be so amazing if it was! To finish up the rest of the mess I'm going to buy a shelf from target. Since it has to go in front of a window I'm getting the open back heavy duty type which will still allow the energy to flow, rather than standard bookshelves which totally block the energy. Now if I could just get paid! Or if someone would just buy my bass amp, that would work too.

Anyway, back to clutter...

My mom is a total pack rat, which I seem to have inherited. I'm very sentimental about silly things. Part of it is because I never had many friends, so momentos from friends mean a lot to me. Also I have a terrible memory. I have problems living in the moment, so a lot of my childhood is forgotten. Keeping things around reminds me of the past. However since I hate clutter, something had to give. I've learned to determine what's important and/or irreplacable and what is something I'll be able to find again if I need it. And the things I keep around I simply need to organize. For instance, my writings are slowly ending up in the same place. Eventually I want them in a safe electronic location so if my house burns up, they survive. Granted, if that did happen, I would be ok. I really can survive without stuff and can go quite a while without buying things. It's just hard sometimes to get rid of things voluntarily. The farther I go on my path, however, the better I am. And my mom is improving also. She's learning to work through her issues, removing emotional clutter, which allows her to remove physical clutter. I'm proud of her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|