Saturday, December 25, 2004

friendly mexicans

I can't believe how nice our neighbors are. They're this mexican family...though I'm still not sure how many people live in the apartment. I know there are at least the two kids who are cute but all boy, and the parents. I think there is another younger guy in there, and maybe another girl, all in at most a 2 bedroom. But they had Christmas last night, brought over 4 mexican tamales and beer. I tried a tamale...it smelled so good...but didn't taste so good. It had corn meal mush, a spice that made it spicy, then random pieces of pork and chicken including skin and some bones. I just couldn't do that. However the beer killed the taste so it wasn't so bad. I wish I would have liked it though. The neighbor kept bringing over 2 beers every half hour or so, since he had way too much. I drank one, carrie had 4 or 5, so she got a bit buzzed lol! He's a nice guy. This morning he brought over 4 plates with mashed potatoes, turkey legs, carrots, green beans, corn meal stuff and a pasta type salad. I'm going to try it all in a little bit because at least half of that has to taste decent! In return all we could give them was some cookies for the kids. But new years we'll have to make extra black eyed peas and cabbage and give them some. It's the least we can do. And hopefully I'll learn more spanish soon, probably this summer so I can talk a little in spanish so they aren't trying to do english all the time. They've only been here 3 years so it's hard. But the kids are totally bilingual so they translate when necessary. I just feel bad...need to learn spanish. Nice neighbors are cool...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|