Sunday, December 26, 2004

Fatum Operandi - SS102: Dialogue: Between the Spheres

SS102: Dialogue: Between the Spheres

This is a little hard for me to discuss because it's so thorough. I've been working on objectivity and perspective with my mentor from day 1, so it's been a work in progress. I really like the spheres idea, I'll definately have to remember it.

I've used spheres in a different way in dealing with other students of my own. We live in a binary culture, so we're used to the idea of looking at one side or the other of a situation. But I tell people to imagine the situation as at the center of a sphere. We need to come from as many different angles as possible to get a grasp of it objectively. It's a visual that works well for me.

What I find interesting is trying to see things from other people's point of view. There are many times when I can do it and come to something close to their truth. But there are times when I can't fathom where someone is coming from. That scares me because it tends to be with people like serial killers or some really wacko things. I believe my inability to understand comes from a lack of information however, and believe I could come to some sort of understanding about anyone if given enough information. I've always had a talent for it, perhaps the one innate 'jedi' gift I have.

In my life, I haven't had to use objectivity and perspective so much to determine my path, but it often is used to help others understand a situation they are dealing with. It's how I find the answers when others are still wandering. I have a long way to go, but I'm getting better and better as time goes on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|