Sunday, December 26, 2004

Fatum Operandi - SS102: Dialogue: How You Think

SS102: Dialogue: How You Think

Wow, it's hard to figure out how I think, because I don't think I've figured it all out yet. But I'll put down what I've determined.

1. The best way for me to sort things out is to have another person to bounce the ideas off of. My wife is great for these things. I've worked through some really emotional things with her help because she would allow me to work past the lies I tell myself until I hit on truth. It's very effective for me personally.

2. In lieu of a person, I will often write. This allows me to carry on a dialogue with myself. I tend not to get as deep into myself this way, but I can certainly work through some surface things, or through things that I don't feel comfortable talking to individuals about. I recommend this to everyone else I know, writing until you are exhausted. The great thing about writing is after you have exhausted yourself, you can burn what you wrote, releasing you from those emotions and allowing you to move on. It's very freeing!

3. If I'm unable to talk to someone else or write things down, then I need to move. I try to walk somewhere. I don't know what this helps, but I think it allows my mind to focus on the issue at hand, rather than many other things.

4. Unfortunately meditation works terribly for me. I don't know why, it just does. Hopefully in time this will change, but for now, I use meditation only for relaxing and calming my mind.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|