Monday, December 27, 2004

Fatum Operandi - Lyceum Dialogue: I will

Lyceum Dialogue

I guess I'll just make a list and say what I want out of each thing.

1. School
In school I'm starting my second semester of graduate school. This semester I plan to do much better than last. I learned that it's impossible to learn without doing homework as a group. You can't just think positively and get very far, you actually have to do a lot of hard work. So this semester I will work with others more. I also need to talk to Dr. Bengtson to get a summer research position so I don't have to find a summer job. It will also give me an idea of what to do my doctoral thesis on. I want to have my doctorate in 5 years, 6 at the most but I keep saying 5 so I don't get lazy. Once I have my doctorate I want to work in industry, but that leads us to the next area.
2. Work
Right now I'm a teaching assistant which allows me to teach undergrads, though I'm learning just as much as they are. Once I have my doctorate I want to work either with a company that makes plasma rockets or get into the fusion power projects. In the end I want to contribute either to our exploration of the solar system or the development of cleaner, more efficient energy. I can make a lot of money doing this, which is good because we've never been anywhere close to financially secure. I want to be secure so I don't have to worry about money and can finally give back to others with more than just my energy but also through money.
3. Family
I'm always working to make my family stronger. My wife and I continue to grow as individuals and as a couple which is so fulfilling! At the same time I try to give my parents and brother guidance in their lives, just enough to help them find their own truths. I've found it's hard to help family because there is always baggage that blocks communication. But I know I've helped them just like they have helped me. In the long term my wife and I would like to have a child. In spite of my wife's bad family medical history, she believes she would have a healthy child (her dreams have told her many many times) and I believe her also. In addition to having a child we will foster children, hopefully to adopt. There are so many kids out there that need good role models, and we want to help. We have no qualms taking older children, adopting kids who are teenagers, because they need families too. Family is very important to us, and we already make decisions for the children we will have even though they are years away! (I mean decisions of how to best provide for them, not deciding who they are or what they will be)
4. Fatum Operandi program
At Fatum Operandi I hope to gain a more focused insight into myself and also into how to train people. I want to raise my children with my beliefs but don't know how to do that, since I came to them as an adult. I'm saving all of the dialogues in a binder so I have a hard copy. In time I will begin to develop my own training program, though that is a long ways down the road.
5. Personal Expectations
Out of myself I expect to continue moving in the right direction for me. I don't like being a negative hurtful person. I really want to be one of those wise old loving people that people love and respect. I want to be at peace. Therefore I work at these courses, and I do my qigong (though sporadically) and learn all I can to find my truth. Now I just try to live it as honestly as possible. My immediate goals are to be more honest with people and to be more realistic and responsible with money. We've been lucky so far, but I don't like the stressful feeling that comes with too little money. We theoretically have enough, it's just a matter of managing it better.

And finally, I will simply try to be, more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|