Wednesday, December 29, 2004

The South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami

The South-East Asia Earthquake and Tsunami

This is the most useful site I've seen when it comes to getting aid to the regions affected. I hope no one reading this has to locate loved ones there, but if you do there are many links to help with that. I'm going to use the links for donating as soon as I get paid. It's so true that many organizations receive donations of goods, but it still takes actual money to get the goods to where they are needed.

It's shocking to think how many people died in those few short moments. The numbers continue to climb, 57,000 is the last I heard, but that's just a guess. No one will know for a long time. And how many people will die in the aftermath due to lack of food and safe water? I can't imagine how a person survives through this. There are not enough natural sources of food to feed everyone, and how many people are able to boil their water so it's safe to drink? I can't even begin to understand how this all works. How do you coordinate everything to make sure aid gets to the people quickly. Mind boggling...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|