Thursday, December 30, 2004

destruction

Last night, as I was sitting at the computer I heard a loud bang, then another, followed by the sound of glass breaking. I jumped up and looked out the window just in time to see a teenager running away from a car. I thought for a second to call the cops, but then I remembered that this is Austin and unless someone is dying the cops won't bother with you. So that threw me off for a minute. I also thought to just run outside, but then my fear got a hold of me and thought what would happen if he saw where I came from and wanted to come back and attack us. I'm not afraid of him attacking me physically, because I'm pretty sure I can take him. But I don't want all our stuff destroyed. How superficial is that? I wouldn't care if we had renters insurance, but we don't yet. And without a computer, schoolwork and TA paperwork is a bit harder. All excuses, but in the end, there's no substitute for the illusion of safety, which would be gone. All fears, and all silly, but real. Afterwards we did go outside, but didn't recognize the car and no one around us was home to ask. This morning a tow truck picked the car up, so whoever's car it was must have noticed it. I just wonder if it was a random attack or if this was something personal. Haha, I wonder if they caught it on video since they just put surveillance cameras in. I'll probably never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|