Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why I like Texas this week

Notice I didn't say love? I don't think I can ever love Texas. But there are some nice things about it.

1. Texas renaissance fair - We went for a few hours on sunday, which is the last day, thanks to some free passes. It's huge, for one, and quite amusing. People not even in costume walking around with swords, because, where else can you walk around with swords? hehe Also, some costumes were amazing! And...best of all...I got to eat some homemade pierogie! Yummy!!! So many different foods, you can't go wrong.

We also saw some great crafts, including these amazing amulets made out of clay and with symbols inscribed. I've never seen such nice amulets, between the colors and unique symbols. Unfortunately he only sells at ren fairs, but I will return next year for them. We also got this super cool looking dragon carved from wood (we think) that was only $10. Definately a good deal. So, if you have money to burn, the ren fair is a good place to do it at.

Ooh, and I almost forgot the best part. We went in this little haunted house like thing, and the two girls ahead of us freaked out. They seriously waited so we could catch up, then had us go ahead of them. They were literally hanging on carrie and screaming. It wasn't really that scary either. lol, very wierd and funny and worth the $3 hehe

2. It's finally cooled off. It feels like fall! It's a miracle! Granted, back home they had snow for my birthday, but cool weather is good enough for me. Now if only the packers could manage to win! Stupid vikings and their last second field goals. :-P

3. Hmm...guess I'm a little short on the liking stuff today. I'm not going to force it, just get ready for bed and let tomorrow be better. We plan to go to the Ansel Adams exhibit at the Ransom Center. I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|