Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Why I hate Texas this week

Here's my rundown:

$151 - the cost of the new taillight needed to pass inspection because you can't have tape or anything over a working light, even though you can in Wisconsin. That does not include the gas it took to run to north austin (spicewood springs) and then back to far south austin (almost slaughter lane) just to end up at the dealership.

$40 - the cost of the vehicle safety and emissions test. this doesn't include the hour waiting around for it

$172 - the suprise cost of changing my registration over. this includes a $90 fee for new residents. How's that for a welcome to texas? Yeah, not so fucking funny when you're basically broke now

Over $350 when my car is still legally registered in wisconsin until june. Why the fuck do they require this crap? It's a giant conspiracy.

Hmm...and if you can't tell, the stress of the past few days has left me irritable, quick to lose my temper, and speaking in quite piss poor language. Sometimes I really fucking hate texas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|