Friday, November 18, 2005

Season Opener - UT vs NM

It's officially college basketball season again, as the UT women opened against New Mexico tonight. I went by myself since Carrie is sleeping off our exhausting week, which meant I had an extra ticket. After watching people for a bit I walked up to 2 women who were waiting for tickets and asked if they wanted a free ticket since my wife couldn't attend. Lucky for me, they invited me to sit with them, if I didn't have anyone to sit with. It was cute, one of the women even said 'we're family'. Haha, it's been since the military that I heard queers referred to as family. :-) They were all nice, and definately better than sitting alone.

As for the game, there were some definate high points. The defense rocked the last 10 minutes of the first half. Ariaran got hot somewhere in the middle and ended up with quite a few points. She also decided to wear her hair slicked down which really threw me off! I think I like it better though, she looks more serious and hard core. Cortijo also made some things happen at the end, but it wasn't enough to win. I wish Norman could have played more, especially in the second half, but I'm guessing her knee was acting up. The second half wasn't as good, which is probably just inexperience. I can see the potential in this team, it's just a matter of how fast they get it together. It should be exciting :-)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Jax :)

Just curious as to why you're wanting to talk DV so bad.....:p
He and I had a conversation last night that proved interesting. Drop me an email and I'll forward it to you.

--Callista

7:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|