Tuesday, April 19, 2005

LGRL :: Take Action - Action Center - WAKE-UP CALL - LGBT FAMILIES UNDER ATTACK!

LGRL :: Take Action - Action Center - WAKE-UP CALL - LGBT FAMILIES UNDER ATTACK!

I can't believe this is happening...a complete ban of homosexual and bisexual foster parents in the state of Texas. The bastards avoided the whole committee process, which I'm sure would have kept this from going to vote, and made it an amendment to the foster care restructuring bill. This is absolutely sick! It makes me angry, and sick to my stomach. Thankfully my representative voted against it, but I hope he can do more. This is what I wrote to him:

Dear Mr. Rodriguez,
I'd like to sincerely thank you for voting against SB 6, which includes a hateful and discriminatory ban on homosexual and bisexual foster parents. At this moment I'm sick to my stomach thinking I live in a state that will sink this low to legislate their morals. There are no children ''saved'' by this legislation, just children and adults who will be hurt by the breakup of their families. Thank you for seeing how hurtful this legislation is. I urge you to do your best to convince your fellow representatives to stop this bill in committee, where it should have started to begin with. You are our voice, please speak up for those of us who are good people who simply want to help children. My wife and I plan to foster children in the next few years, and if Texas makes that illegal I guarantee we will leave. No one will stand in the way of us having a family.

Thank you again for standing up for equal rights, and against hatred and bigotry.

I told carrie, and all she said is "I still can't figure out what's so evil about me" and I agree. This is getting out of hand! These people are completely and utterly insane!!! They conveniently ignore the fact that a majority of homosexuals had heterosexual parents. it's not contagious people!!!! Get a grip! God, when will rationality return to our society? Was it ever here in the first place? We need to fight fear, because fear is what drives these people. How do we fight fear...

In Tomorrow's God, god talks about how we'll either move forward into an evolved society, or destroy ourselves. I firmly believe we will evolve, but right now it's hard to see that. Instead I almost feel panic at what is happening around me. It's sad, and scary. I don't really know where to go with this, except to write about it here. How can people do this, and honestly believe it's the right thing to do? How! I think I hate them right now...I know I shouldn't but it's so hard when they hate me. They've personally attacked me, and my right to have a family, to help the world, to help a child. Because it's the children that really lose out.

I read about a study about lesbian relationships, and how they turn out with children involved. They found that the same percentage of lesbian couples split up 10 years into the relationship as heterosexual couples, but there was a big difference is the reasons. Many times it was because the women focused too much on the children, at the expense of the relationship. This almost never happens in straight families. And even after the breakup, they focused on the children and stayed cordial. This should be a model for straight families, not something that is banned and feared. AAAAHHH!!!!! I just want to beat the shit out of them! I never would, but right now it feels like a good idea. Anger is one emotion I haven't learned how to deal with very well. So powerful, you physically feel it throughout the body, sending energy to places unique to anger. Like arms, that need to hit. Or legs that need to kick. Or lungs that need to scream. This is anger. I feel it, I use it, I release it. Right now I am releasing it, in the only way I will let myself, nonviolently. I could try to replace my anger with love, but damn if that isn't hard! Instead I validate it, focus on it's physicality, and release that energy, disipating throughout my body. Release the urge to hit, release the urge to kick, release the urge to scream. this is why anger is powerful. It sits in so many places in the body, you have to focus much more to release it. It's time for me to focus now. But for those of you still angry, please, especially if you live in texas, contact your representative. This is important for all of us, gay or straight.

Lol, why can't Rosie live in Texas and fight this for us?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|