Thursday, February 17, 2005

New Journey events

Well, today was quite interesting. I decided to explore new areas today. It took me a long time to settle in and control my breathing. Being sick really isn't easy! Also, I realized last night that I've always meditated lying down due to my back, but when I play I am sitting up, which compresses the stomach and makes breathing slightly more difficult. However, I feel I'm improving greatly at my ability to control my breathing, and control the impulse to take one of those giant shoulder breaths that are merely there to stretch the muscles I believe. I definately feel calmer now, though I also feel tired, so I'm going to skip homework and go to bed. But first a little wrap up...

Even with lots of stress, I can let go of it with this game. Because you really have to control your breathing and energy level, you are forced to focus more. And with a goal in mind, it's easier to keep going towards the goal rather than give up. There are probably people who don't need this feedback and encouragement, but I sure do. This program was worth every bit of money I paid, and then some. It's making a huge difference for me. Since when have I ever sat down for an hour of meditation? Never! I can't even fathom it. Yet you sit in a meditative state of differing levels in this game and don't notice time passing. Amazing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|