Saturday, February 12, 2005

extreme makeover home dream?

I had a fun, but strange dream this morning (literally in the span of 2 minutes or so). I was at my childhood home with some people, though I don't know who they were. We walked out the front door, and like in other dreams involving this house I said, "we rarely use this door" which is only partly true. We used that door for going to the barn, or heading to the yard, but if we went somewhere in the car we used the kitchen door because it led to the garage. Anyway, we stepped onto the porch and there was my front yard, but completely different. There was a wall in front of us, a retaining wall with large flat rocks, and someone was painting them. Apparently I wasn't suprised by the wall, but I did ask my dad why he was painting the rocks. I hate seeing rocks painted, destroys the beauty of them. He said something about moisture, and apparently that was good enough for me. But since when do you protect rocks from moisture?! Anyway, I walk up the wall (it's sloped) and first look to the birch tree that we climbed as kids. Since I was an adult now I thought about climbing it because it would be easier :-) The landscape began to change at this point. There were two streams in front of me, separated by a strip of land. It was very pretty. I walked to the back of the little strip and my mom asked my brother to check that the spring was flowing. During all this I remember looking at the water for some time, because the two streams looked like they used to be one very meandering stream, but someone placed a barrier in between them. The barrier was very thin so you almost couldn't see it, but you could see the pattern of waves that gave the barrier away. Very strange.

Then the dream got interesting... There was an obstacle course set up out of water and boards. Some of the boards were just floating, and some were secure, but only a little secure so you still had a challenge when you stood on them. There were also large foam things hanging from above to hold onto for support, like those foam noodles they sell for swimming. My mom lead me through the course, which was tough because the boards were pretty far apart and hard to maintain balance on. Some girl I don't know fell and got all wet, which was funny. I made it, though barely. Afterwards I was somehow at the other end of the yard, in the driveway basically. There were all of a sudden a whole slew of football players, all in jerseys that reminded me of the Colts, but they weren't pro players, more like high school or junior high. Everyone had the same number. Then the girl from before put a uniform on, and she had a different number. It seems the name on it was burge or something similar.

Oh, I almost forgot the sheep! So I was looking at the juncture point of the streams, where there was a hollowed out section. It was really dark, but I saw something white lying in there. I kept looking, trying to figure it out, and the shape slowly made sense. A sheep! I yelled at my mom, "there's a sheep in here" but she didn't hear me so I kept yelling it. Then the sheep just jumped up and took off running. Now why was there a sheep!!! That was pretty much the end of the dream sequence, though I'm not sure if that was before or after the football players. Either way, pretty fun, and strange. All the water was really neat though. And the obstacle course was interesting. Definately a challenge even with supports.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|