Sunday, January 23, 2005

found?

Tonight I finally found someone I've been looking for since we left California in 1999. Well, I found her parents at least, assuming the phone number is still valid. I do this all the time, try to find old friends using the interent. It's amazingly hard, if you don't want to spend money. It seems the people I want to find do not want to be found easily, as they don't show up by googling, or white pages searching. Hopefully I'll be able to call them soon and at least know a few things about my friend and her family.

I'm not sure if it's healthy, my occasional obsession with people from my past. Most of the time I'd just be happy knowing how life is turning out for them, not necessarily needing to talk to them personally. Other times I really miss these people being in my life and would like to speak to them again. I know I should just let the past go, in all forms, and focus on the present, but it can be difficult. Mostly because I don't think I want to let go yet, not until I learn a few things. I've found that once I resolve old situations with people I am able to let go and move on. I did it with an ex, who I succesfully found through google. We simply updated each other, apologized for being assholes to each other, and moved on. Now I'm finally free of that. It's just something that happened. I don't really have other situations like that, but I'd just like to know that my old friend are ok and doing well in their lives. Perhaps I should just try trusting that they are ok. That would probably make all the difference in the world.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|