Sunday, January 23, 2005

another military dream

It seems my dreams want to continue moving forward. Last night it appears I went to war. I don't know where we were, just that it was wooded, deciduous forests that is. And I had the impression we were fighting some Asian culture, though I have no idea what one. It was kind of wierd. Early on we were learning how the enemy uses fake bombs to flush us out of our trenches and foxholes. First they lob blanks, and then real ones. I don't know, was this an effort to save money in war?! But we were supposed to stay put, basically sitting there to die in the event a real bomb hit. I wasn't too happy about this! Then the dream continues on, we're moving through the forest. At some point I learn that we are allowed to run from the bombs, but only if we are behind a ridge or something where the enemy can't see us run. Strange. At some point in the dream I ran into an old friend from my A and C MOS school, Scott Demoulin. He was in another unit, but we took a minute to talk. I also remember at some point mentioning that we're basically the front lines, because I was expecting us to be attacked from the rear, which is where we were currently. I don't know why I felt this way, but I had a strong sense that the enemy was coming from the rear. That was basically the dream. There was never any combat, just waiting. I know I talked to people a lot, because I kept waking up to hit the snooze alarm and was able to return immediately to the dream, which is wierd for me. Usually if I wake up my consciousness kicks in and I'm not able to return or even remember what was so vivid moments ago.

What will happen tonight? I'm a little worried, because if things continue on this path, I think I'm going to war! It's wierd, because I tend to have vivid dreams at this time, a few days before I start my period. But they're not usually war or military dreams. I don't know what this means, if anything. Hopefully it is just my thoughts being on the war more than other times. We'll have to wait and see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|