Wednesday, January 19, 2005

all for a bottle

So today as I left for school I looked at our pretty little stream. I noticed a 20 oz bottle floating in the middle (it's only 2 foot across at most, so it wasn't far). I debated a bit, whether I should go to school or take a minute to get it out. I really didn't want the bottle to go downstream at some point, and the time it took really wouldn't matter in the long run. In light of my new goals of doing simple things like picking up trash, I decided to get it out. I left my backpack farther up the bank and walked down. Unfortunately I ignored the little thought in my head to get a stick and bring it closer to me, because as I tried to get close enough to step on a rock in the middle my foot slipped and I fell it! The stream isn't deep, so it was pretty funny. However I did retrieve the bottle. Of course this meant I had to go upstairs to change my pants, shoes and socks! Even so, I made it to school in plenty of time for my class. Was it worth it? Yeah, because not only was it hilarious, but I saved a bottle from washing downstream. Yay!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|