Friday, January 21, 2005

Ellis at Momo's

Ellis is the most...words fail me. I've seen Ellis perform 4 times I believe, but tonight...tonight was just something special. It's impossible to put into words tonight's show, because it existed as pure emotion. More than once I felt as if I would cry, other times I would laugh out of joy, and still other times I simply felt connected. I thought my chest would explode twice. It was just amazing. I don't go to a ton of concerts, but most that I see are excellent. But tonight was an almost spiritual experience where I felt what she was feeling, or at least a taste of it. And she seemed to be feeling everything, more than any other show I've seen.

After the show I did my best to explain this, knowing that words really couldn't do justice. However I opened myself as much as I could, even saying that I really felt it tonight, and that it was really special. I've never opened up like that to someone after a show, but I had to give something back. Ellis is one of those people I would love to just sit and talk with, under a big oak tree ;-) Her wisdom shows through her songs, and I think I could learn a lot. Besides, she seems so eager to connect, conversations are just a joy.

Anyway, I urge everyone to check her out. Pay anything to see her if she comes to your town, you will not be disappointed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|