Tuesday, January 04, 2005

comment/contact free blogs

I completely understand that some people need the freedom to write without worrying about what others say back, but it's really hard when I want to give them information that could really help them! This woman's blog/, which I have in my blogroll, is so interesting to me, I want to just sit and talk to her for hours about the things she discusses in her blog, but there is no contact information! lol, I know it's her choice, but it's a wierd feeling, like I'm pent up with no where to go. It's how I felt last summer in my women's literature class. We had a final paper that involved, among other things, to write a letter to one of the author's we read, including their response. I chose to write to Carson McCullers after we read The Ballad of the Sad Cafe. In the process of writing that paper I found a wonderful piece of insight that may or may not have been intentional on the part of the author. Unfortunately, she's been dead for some years now so I couldn't get any feedback on my ideas. It was so frustrating, feeling like I really hit on something but couldn't know for sure. It simply had to be enough that I opened the minds of a few of my classmates when they read my ideas. It was also nice that the professor had never noticed what I noticed in the story either, and she's a brilliant woman.

It certainly is interesting how people can affect us with just their thoughts and written words. It makes me want to be a better writer/communicator. In the meantime this woman will simply be an inspiration to me, triggering ideas anonymously.

1 Comments:

Blogger DD said...

You're right, that IS a good blog - thought provoking, thanks for sharing it with us.

4:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

|