Wednesday, September 21, 2005

hurricane rita

This hurricane is huge! And still has days to gather strength! Damn. I'm a bit scared thinking about the possibilities. But, I need to not do that. It doesn't do any good to worry. We are prepared, relatively speaking. We have water for 3 days, plus other beverages to break the monotoney. We have tons of food. We have charcoal for the grill and propane for the cookstove. We have rechargable batteries and the ability to charge them in the car, which is full of gas. I just hope our apartment is strong enough to withstand the winds and such.

so anyway, we're going to wait this out. There isn't anywhere to go anyway, and I believe we'll be fine. I mean, carrie would know if we were really in danger. So this will just be an experience for us.

I'll be shutting down my computer once the storms head in. As soon as we have power back I'll update. Hopefully that will be by sunday already. :-)

So everyone, think positive thoughts. Visualize everone safe, and the hurricane weakening. Don't let fear overpower you. I'm going to go work on that now. Best of luck to everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|