Thursday, April 21, 2005

money

I really hate it when money issues catch up. Like when the car insurance is renewed and I have to start paying it again...and there isn't the money in the bank to cover it. I'm hoping the bank will cover it and I'll pay the fees because I don't want to go without insurance. The problem is that I don't know where the money to catch up will come from until june when I take out student loans again. I'm thinking about doing some temp work this summer to try to catch up, but it all depends on my schedule.

Tomorrow I ask Dr. Bengtson for a job over the summer. Pray he has one so I can focus on school and not working somewhere. Then I just work and take out the loans and we're perfectly fine. At least one good piece of news is that even without the RA job I will get instate tuition thanks to my McNair fellowship! Woohoo!

Anyway, I'm clearly not focused at all right now. I think I'll just cut my losses and head to bed, hopefully finish my book. I'm reading Daughter of the River by Hong Ying. It's a fascinating read about this woman's life growing up somewhere in China. I'm just fascinated by the lives these people led. I can't imagine such a difficult life. It puts true poverty in perspective. Most people in America have no clue what true poverty is. I'm not saying that people don't suffer, but the sheer numbers of people living this way, and the depths of their poverty is staggering. In spite of all that it's a good read. Definately broke up the school monotony a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|