Thursday, March 17, 2005

stones

Today we found the only (apparently) place to buy rocks in all of Evansville. It wasn't big, but it had tiger's eye, which I knew I wanted, along with others. I got a smoky quartz that truly looks like there's smoke in it, which is definately neat. The tiger's eye is unique in that one whole face stays completely dark, almost black, no matter what angle you look at it. Normally when you change angles the fibers reflect and become lighter or darker. And, as I was walking around the store the rock started vibrating in my hand, so I knew I had to get it. It should help keep some undesireables away from me. Apparently citrine is good for bringing good dreams and restful sleep, which I definately need lately. The piece I bought has a ton of "imperfections" inside, but that's the best part! It reflects light from a different place as you rotate it, which is just pretty :-) Another pretty rock was moonstone, which I like because of the way the face looks irridescent in the light. It's also related to the moons and thus also to women, so perhaps I can make it be healing for cramps? I don't know. The last thing I picked up was a awesome agate with just nice sharp banding on it. Definately worth the 75 cents. Carrie got a neat piece of hematite to make into a necklace. There's an artist who sells in the renaissance street market who will probably put it in copper and make a great necklace. I have one of his that is moss agate, which is just pretty. And their cheap, only two for ten! Very nice. He definately does his research as far as the healing properties and finds very nice looking stones, so we'll be sure to buy from him again. So hooray, new stones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|