Saturday, February 19, 2005

journey log

For the first time, I tried playing wild divine in the morning. It was...different. For one, it was very difficult to control my breathing today. Perhaps it is still being sick and wanting to cough half the time, or perhaps it's the larger amount of energy I have in the morning. In any case, definately not fun. However I did get a little better at the high energy events. I'm sticking to the Lion's breath technique, since that is a yogic technique rather than making up my own method. It does seem to work, though I'm still experimenting with it. I also worked on the heart breath more. It is a shorter breath than the peaceful breath, so it's more calming to me right now. The peaceful breath is hard because you are smoothing the transition between inhale and exhale, and the heart breath doesn't care about that as much.

So far I'm still happy with this game. I wish it were more linear, leading us through a progression that would build skills rather than the semi-free for all that exists now. However, there definately are certain skills that are learned before progressing in the game. So I guess I'm just wishing the AI wasn't AI, that I had an actual teacher working with me in real life. However I know that the master only comes when the student is ready. I'm surrounded by a wealth of information, and it is up to me to decide to apply it. This game is a good start for me, because I'm making the effort to play it nightly which is definately more meditating than I've ever done. I've found places in the game that you are simply looking out into the distance, with no event, and I believe those are meant for simply meditating. I think I'll try that soon.

Tonight I'm doing my Jackson EM homework outside. The weather is awesome, around 60 degrees with fog and some light rain, and I just love the feeling. I get fresh, cool air and moisture. Plus I'm surrounded by the plants we just bought yesterday. So while my homework is still a little tricky, I feel calm due to the environment around me. Isn't that the point though? To apply spirituality to everything we do to live a more calm and happy life. I don't remember being very stressed at all this week, and that's definately a first, considering I was also sick! This game may have been the key that unlocks a whole new progression for me. :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|