Tuesday, February 22, 2005

holding hands with a tree

Tonight, while waiting for my bus, I was sitting on the bridge wall when I noticed a tree branch right next to me. I reached out to touch it, and then I saw a branch even closer to me. Isn't it funny how that works! The branch was at the perfect place so that I could just hold it in my hand and sit there without having to hold my hand up. I sat there, holding onto the skinny branch for some time, just enjoying it. I never knew holding hands with a tree could be so fun! And that's really what it felt like, even though it was just a skinny branch. Skinny as it was, it was the very end of a huge branch, and a giant tree who's clearly enjoyed living on the banks of a stream. I was suprised how much life I felt, even though outwardly the tree is dormant in the short Texas winter. My hand was vibrating at the presence of the branch. I quickly felt myself swell with love, a sense so much larger than my body. I even tried melding with the tree, shifting my consciousness over into the tree itself, though I could only imagine it rather than truly experience it. Even so, there was no mistaking the grand feeling of love I experienced. A moment in time that was truly wonderful...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|