Thursday, April 14, 2005

judgement day

Tomorrow I discuss with the professor I've been doing research for whether or not he's willing to pay me this summer. This is huge. If I do not get a paid research assistant position, we have zero income for the summer. That would mean I would go to the temp agency and work in some factory, praying I make enough money to pay rent and bills...definately scary. But, if he does pay me, that means I have income, plus I can take out student loans that will balance out the extra money we've spent visiting Carrie's dad, who by the way is still too stubborn to die! (not that I want him to die, but it's inevitable, and he's suffering so much, I want him to have peace finally.)

Tonight and tomorrow I'm doing nothing but research. Well, research and swimming and watching the OC. Lol, but those other two only take up 2 hours out of the next 24. I know I can do well though, I have to. I will work my ass off so I can get paid this summer. What choice do I have?

And in new developments, just to show how brilliant UT can be...Plasma physics I is not offered in the fall...or the spring. However, plasma physics II is offered this spring and next spring. How does that work? Who will take plasma II next spring when they should have taken it this year already? Do I get to take any plasma courses before I qualify?! Sometimes I think that with all those brilliant people around, they become more stupid when it comes to this. It's just dumb. Maybe it's a typo?

So anyone who reads this before friday at 3, think positive thoughts for me getting this job. Thanks!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|