Thursday, March 31, 2005

alix olson - a red-hot, fire-bellied, feminismo-spewin' volcano. Plus she rhymes. Listen to her now!

Alix Olson is such an amazing performer. She performed tonight on campus, and I'm so glad I went, even though I had many other things I could have done instead.

Alix, to me, is the epitomy of freedom, expressing herself without any fear of retribution, without embarrasment, and without reservation. She is everything I wish to be, but can't imagine being. Not to mention her writing is simply awesome. Everything flows, smoothly, as if what she says was meant to be together in that poem. She makes me feel like it's ok to say and be whatever and whoever I want. I know this, but her words empower me more than I can on my own. Isn't this the mark of a good artist? Someone who can make you bigger than you already are? Alix is one of my hero's...she lives life, brave and loud, and does not apologize. The CWA is right to be threatened by her, because truth is always powerful, and truth spoken loudly and repeatedly is even more powerful. Stay strong Alix, and thank you for the inspiration.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|