Saturday, April 09, 2005

formerlyROSIE

formerlyROSIE

Last night we watched the 20/20 interview with Rosie and Kelly. It was very interesting, especially since I've never really seen Kelly talk before. She doesn't do many interviews, and I clearly don't pay enough attention! The interview was quite enlightening though, for me, to see how they function as a couple. I still can't imagine raising four children, but it seems to work well for them. It's also scary to see how big the kids are since we last saw them on Rosie's talk show.

I've read Rosie's blog before, but completely forgot about it in the hustle and bustle of school. Last night i spent quite a while catching up, which is an experience. Check it out and you'll see the free-form writing style she uses, which, as we're reminded multiple times, is not poetry! I think it's great, more like thoughts exactly as they come to her. Some people think in complete sentences, others in fragments, just big enough to get the point across. I could be totally wrong, but I still think it's amazing. Probably because I'm the complete sentence type of person, mostly, and I find it hard to leave my own rules and habits to allow myself the freedom free-form allows. Even in my creative writings I can get stuck in the number of syllables and lines, even if I think something else should be done. It can be very hard to undo what the schools have done.

As for Rosie, some people are more pissed off than ever about what she is writing, but I've never been more impressed and amused. There's nothing like total honesty to make me pay attention. The people in life I most appreciate are those who live as honestly as possible: Melissa Etheridge, Rosie, Ellis...and more that I can't think of because I only woke up recently. They're shining examples of how I wish to live my life, once I finally give up fear and embrace honesty.

So here's a big thank you to Rosie, and all those other individuals brave enough to say what they want, live as they want, in spite of what others say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|