Thursday, January 13, 2005

The New Revelations

These are God's new revelations (from The New Revelations: A Conversation with God by Neale Donald Walsch)

1. God has never stopped communicating directly with human beings. God has been communicating with and through human beings from the beginning of time. God does so today.

2. Every human being is as special as every other human being who has ever lived, lives now, or ever will live. You are all messengers. Every one of you. You are carrying a message to life about life every day. Every hour. Every moment.

3. No path to God is more direct than any other path. No religion is the "one true religion," no people are "the chosen people," and no prophet is the "greatest prophet."

4. God needs nothing. God requires nothing in order to be happy. God is happiness itself. Therefore, God requires nothing of anyone or anything in the universe.

5. God is not a singular Super Being, living somewhere in the Universe or outside of it, having the same emotional needs and subject to the same emotional turmoil as humans. That Which Is God cannot be hurt or damaged in any way, and so, has no need to seek revenge or impose punishment.

6. All things are One Thing. There is only One Thing, and all things are part of the One Thing That Is.

7. There is no such thing as Right and Wrong. There is only What Works and What Does Not Work, depending upon what it is that you seek to be, do or have.

8. You are not your body. Who you are is limitless and without end.

9. You cannot die, and you will never be condemned to eternal damnation.

-------

These are things I completely and fully believe, and not because God supposedly said them, but because they make sense like nothing has ever made sense before.

There are things I believed before reading Neale Donald Walsch. I believed that I wasn't going to hell because I was gay. I'd read enough to know that the bible is not infallible, and thus the passages about homosexuality meant nothing to me (among other reasons). Also, I believed that we were truly one with everything thing in the universe. Everything is energy at it's most basic, and thus everything is one. I wasn't sure about reincarnation, but had a hunch it happened, though not necessarily in the way that other religions describe it. And the last big thing I believed is that your perception creates your reality. These were the ideas I had when I came to these books. I found these concepts validated by God (I believe) in these books. But not the God I grew up with, but the God I'd come to know more recently. I used to call it the Universe, the Force, Energy, but these are all the same, they are all God. We are all God, parts of God.

While I believe all of these revelations, there are still things I need to internalize fully. Knowing we are all one, and truly believing it at my core are two different things. Perhaps it's an issue of remembering...so my new goal is to decide who I want to be before I head out the door every day. Rather than reacting, I simply be who I want to be. Simple things like picking up trash I see and throwing it away. Something so simple, yet it takes conscious effort.

It is my hope that others by way of reading this will at the very least be intrigued and look into these ideas further, perhaps reading these books. There are many who will not allow themselves to look into this, many who will not have the courage to face what they've been told and see how it doesn't make any sense. But for those with the courage, I encourage you to check these books out as they can change your life. They certainly have mine.

If you can admit that our world is not working, that is the first step to peace. Look around you, and you will see that more of the same ideas is not going to fix anything. Beliefs change behavior. It is the only thing that does. To change behavior, look at your beliefs. Do not worry about others, because by changing your own beliefs you will find the world around you changes without your trying. Your influence will be enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|