Thursday, January 13, 2005

Hot Abercrombie Chick Posts: eliminate free exercise clause

Hot Abercrombie Chick Posts: eliminate free exercise clause

This is a really interesting idea, to remove the idea of free exercise of religion. What I think is funny is that religious groups get special rights due to their status as a religion. Yet, these are the same groups argueing against gay rights by saying that would give special rights. That's so hilarious to me! I never realized it before the author of this post mentioned it. I think I'm going to laugh about this for many minutes! :-)

Anyway, as to how this could actually happen, it comes back to what I've been talking about with needing to change beliefs to change behaviors. If we changed this whole idea of religion and religious people being 'better' in some way than other people, than all of the special rights churches get wouldn't be necessary.

"We Are All One."
"Ours is not a better way, ours is merely another way."

Two sentences, when spoken by religious leaders, could change the world and remove the idea of religious superiority.

I'm actually really curious what she's going to say next, and I'm definately blogrolling her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

|